Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GEMS MiniZeta ECU mapped for 2.0 litre Zetec

Doug

I'm selling my GEMS MiniZeta ECU currently mapped for a 2.0 litre Zetec with Lumenition/Jenvey TBs. Rolling roaded on 25th October at 194.8bhp and 158ft lb torque.

Comes with original loom plug and guide to wiring produced with Dave Walker at Emerald and MAP sensor socket (never used). Dongle can be bought from OMEX but will be expensive; best bet will be to find one second hand.

This is a very good reliable and simple ECU and would suit anyone looking for an inexpensive ECU having converted to a Zetec.

I'm looking for £275.00. Please blatmail me if you'd like to discuss it.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Hello Doug,

I may be interested in this unit. I have a Zetec 2.0 running on carbs and am collecting what I need to go injection over the winter. I was looking at an Omex 600 system. How much is in the package you are selling it sounds like a new loom is needed, any pics and what is the dongle you are referring to? Does this splice into an old ford loom?

Thanks,

Phil B (7 at last)

Hi Phil

The GEMS MiniZeta is one of GEMS early ECUs; they now concentrate on high end ECUs and management systems so are not well known at our level of the market any more. This one is about 12 years old and is still working well, although it doesn't have the high spec of modern ECUs.

I believe it is very similar to the OMEX 600 except that you need to get a dongle from GEMS in order to map it. The dongles are not cheap so you might want to have a word with them. You'll need to have an old DOS based Laptop or PC to do the mapping too!

The ECU comes with the plug and key to tell you what was connected to which pin. You will have to make up a converter loom but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Hope this is of help. Let me know if you need any more help.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Doug,

You only need the GEMS dongle if you wish to use their latest GWV3 or 4 software. The original software which was produced when the MiniZeta was current will still run on a current lapotop (XP at least) and never needed a dongle.

The only output/input on the GEMS ECU is the main socket. It doesn't have a comms port. GEMS implied that it is quite an early version of the MiniZeta. I imagine, if you're an electronic whizz, you might well be able to modify it.

I'd take £250.00 if it would help?

Edited by - Doug on 28 Oct 2010 08:26:25