Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alternate Sigma Fuel Gauge

jchasey

Everyone with a Sigma knows that the fuel gauge can be a little poor on the accuracy side. 😳 Has anyone explored whether this is down to the gauge itself or the sensor in the tank?

I have a Dash3 and was updating it to measure battery level (useful diagnostic) and thought that adding a fuel level display could be useful. The standard gauge can take a few minutes to catch up when you are refuelling for instance.

Anyone tried something like this out?

John

I regard mine as a bit of an ornament *rolleyes* It gives you a rough idea but I tend to rely on keeping an eye on distance covered. 200miles & it's time for a pit stop.

CC provided me with a new rev counter as a free update to sort out the inaccurate fuel gauge *confused* the fuel gauge is wired via the tacho *confused*

Problem on my car was caused by the pickup pipe being about 40mm too short which mean't that I was only able to get at about 6gals instead of the 8gals advertised for the fuel tank capacity, I just added a bit of correct size rubber pipe and bent the fuel float to read MT when it actually is MT not with 40mm depth of fuel still in the tank.

Hope this helps

Bon

Hi John,

See some pics of my bag tank here

but then I don't have a fuel gauge, which can be a pain in the 🙆🏻, and more so for you when racing as an extra gallon or so is just dead weight. I suspect the newer versions of my tank will have the ability to have a gauge fitted.

Cheers,

Andy

ps, do you still need some kitchen cupboards for the van?

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car - Now all shiney and new 😬

Yes the ATL ones I've been looking at appear to have fuel gauges present/fittable.

You can also junk the entire filler assembly and rear part of the boot floor so even more weight saved.

Could do with a couple of small doors for the van, I'll drop you a text about popping round.

Cheers

John