Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spa mirrors; adjustment of...

Neophyte

POBC could someone point in the right direction possibly... I have the above on my car (on the cage uprights) they have now worked themselves loose so I am in to that lovely task of removing exhaust bracket (don't they look great *rolleyes* ) clamp adjusting/tightening, put back on, only to realise it is not quite right and having to start again

Is there a bracket I can get which I can attach with exhaust clamp and then attach the mirrors to that?

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated 😶‍🌫️

I think freestyle do something for this - I saw it on one of this year's Academy cars.

For a product that is so ubiquitous, the design of the SPA mirrors is terrible. When I put mine on, I find that if you put them on in position such that they're angled towards the floor, then when you adjust them it's always a tightening motion and you can get them on tight and in the right place.

Also, dab some silicon down the sides of the mirror, as you will have the mirror fall out eventually *rolleyes*

Jez

I ditched the exhaust clamps and use two cable ties. Doesn't look as neat but does mean I can take them on and off without taking the powder coat off the cage each time. I also used a dab of thread lock inside the mirrors which helps stiffen them up and prevents them working loose. *smile*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

Used to be a 1400, now 1600 supersport race car