Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine cutting out

PhilKing

Has anyone any suggestions as to why this is happening or ways to rectify an annoying problem. I recently had verniers fitted to 1600 SS and set at recommended 70 thou inlet and 50 thou exhaust. After fitting the tick over was a little lumpy but engine runs really well once revving above tick over and through to rev limit. However once engine is fully up to temperature it cuts out when I pull up, making driving in traffic a problem.

Everything else is standard SS on the engine, I am guessing the verniers have caused the problem, but not sure, any suggestions and possible solutions, not driving in traffic unfortunately is not one.

Thanks

Try this first

ECU reset as above: Ignition on, 5 fully depressed throttle openings (engine not running) then ignition off. Then back on again and try...

If no improvement, give the TB Idle screw (next to the TB) a quarter of a turn clockwise and repeat the above procedure. Worked for me when I had a similar on my 1.6SS (includinf stalling on downshifts!).

Blue Roadsport with silver stripe. . . . .it does exactly what it says on the tin! *biggrin*

Edited by - gin-fizz-whizz on 26 May 2010 12:28:50