Click here if you are having website access problems ×

10 minute loan of Battery in Fleet Hants area?

MikeE

I've been having problems starting my Duratec (i.e it won't) and its been suggested the battery is at fault however I've invested in an Accumate 4 which is telling me the battery is in good condition *confused* So either there's another fault or the battery is actually shot.

The easiest way to prove the problem is to try starting it with a battery which is klnown to be good so if anyone wouldn't mind loaning me their battery just to try starting the 7 I'd really appreciate it. I'm in Fleet in Hampshire, just off J4a of the M3.

Thanks!

Duratec R538 Build and Modification Pictures

here

Mike

Hi, isnt this the one Darren came round last week to look at with you?

He told me the battery was dropping to 10v on cranking and the solenoid was hardly kicking in, just buzzing - definately sounds like a battery not holding charge when under load.

Didn't you / he say it started OK when jumped off your other car with jump leads?

What happens if you jump it, does it start OK?

Ian

Thanks for the offers everyone, Ian H in Farnborough is loaning me his Banner tonight so this will definitely tell me if its my battery or something else at fault (or both!) so I'll update tomorrow.

Assuming its the battery I was planning to get a Powervamp 25 and mount it flat but see on their site they also do the Odessey Extreme 25 which is based on the same battery but has some anti-vibration casing. Anyone any idea which would be best for a track focused 7?

here

Edited by - MikeE on 26 May 2010 12:09:58

Assuming its the battery I was planning to get a Powervamp 25 and mount it flat but see on their site they also do the Odessey Extreme 25 which is based on the same battery but has some anti-vibration casing. Anyone any idea which would be best for a track focused 7?

Speak to Ed Roller at Powervamp and he'll advise you *thumbup*

I replaced my battery with Ian Hs Banner and it started on the button no problems at all. So I now know it's a straightforward battery change and nothing more complex to diagnose.

Thanks for all the offers of help everyone *wink*

here