Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another battery question

Martin Moxon

Looks like my Banner 53034 has decided to die on me. Unfortunately, an off the shelf supplier in Hull no longer stocks Banner batteries.

As I don't totally trust myself buying dry from Caterham & then filling with acid (just ask swmbo about my ability to spill stuff which greatly increases when I become concious of having to be careful) any recommended/known suppliers in East/North/West/South Yorkshire or an alternative battery make of the same shape and size to fit

Martin Moxon

Not the Cricketer

• Area Representative

Martin *wavey*

If you contact Banner on 01889 571100 they will give you the name of your local stockist.

I had to replace my battery recently and they were very helpful.

Martin,

If you can't track down a reasonably local stockist, then the gel type batteries eg Powervamp are sent ready to go, so no need to fill with acid.

If you call Powervamp, ask for Ed Roller and have a look in the Members Deals section of www.lotus7club.com *thumbup*

Ian - Slightly Vider SVelte SuperVeloce model 😬 - Joint AR for North Kent - Area details and calendar here

Mark - battery needed to get the seven to the garage for it's MOT next Wed - where did you get your powervamp from?

Hopefully will sort something so I can make the meeting as the Aygo is due at the same garage the next day for it's MOT.

Martin

Martin Moxon

Not the Cricketer

Hi Martin

YUASA do a battery that is the same dimensions as the Banner. Mine is a '12N24-3' or 'YUA895/2. This has the terminals reversed so do not get this one, they do one with the terminals the right way round for the Caterham but I can not remember the number. It was easy to fit the 'wrong' battery to my car but it may not be on yours.

If you do a 'tinternet' search I am sure you will find a local supplier, I got mine in Otley. If you need more info give me a ring and I will be pleased to help.

S7MAD

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Got in touch with Banner who gave me 2 local stockists, one on my way home so think I'll give them a try tomorrow as they have the one I need in stock so will be hopefully able to get sorted in time for MOT next week.

Busy weekend prevents going down the alternatives route at this stage.

Martin Moxon

Not the Cricketer