Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator repeater cable and IVA

jeffi

Hi all - has anyone recently been through IVA and can confirm whether the indicator repeaters on the cycle wings need to have their cable ran through some clear tubing (i.e. left-over washer tube) from the point of exit on the wing strays to the connector (i.e. to within the side skin)? This is despite the cable being in black heat shrink. Incidentally, I had a poor earth continuity here via the steering track rod end and ended up running an earth lead from the existing crimp on the cycle stay to inside the chassis, and I ran this through the original heat shrink. Do I need to run this heat shrink covered pair through clear tubing for IVA compliance? What about the other end under neath the cycle wing - this OK as is?

Cheers

Jeff

I assembled mine as per manual (with black sleeving) and also ran the earth inside the sleeving into the engine bay and connected on to the earth bolts on either side.

Car went to Caterham Midlands for the IVA and they removed the black sleeving and replaced with the clear tube but also connected my earths to the cycle wing stays (no where as good or neat as my original earthing). Probably wil put the earths back inside the engine bay at some stage as I feel a much better solution.

The car failed anyway first time due to the fog light not being interlocked with the dipped beam.

I used the black heat shrink on the indicator repeater wires with no problems, as long as the heat shrink goes into the wing stay and as far into the engine bay as possible so none of the green wire is showing and is tie wrapped securely no problems with the IVA man

Though I did my IVA in Aberdeen and it passed with a bit of tweeking first time though the guy was really helpful and fairly lenient, which seems to make a change from other places. Long way to go though if your not in Scotland

cheers

Steve