Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Running 185/70 R13s what next?

craigyb

My 60 profile A021s lasted about 4,000 miles on a similar regime. I switched to A539s which last forever (4 years so far) but I use A021s for the track. I think 70 profile last longer but you'll get thru' a set per year. They also tend to overheat on trackdays – I’ve only got 135bhp and they suffer - as I been told they are designed as wet weather track tyres. But they are a good all rounder.

Another vote for 21s. Jonathan Rarity (tourer and hillclimb champ) uses the 70-profile for touring for the extra ground clearance.

My BEC came with 21s but has a flush underside (dry-sumped Blackbird) - so I'll stick with 60s

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Would be happy with my A539's but for the fact that they are only available in 60 profile - constant worry about catching the sump when 2 up with a weeks worth of kit in the boot / SBFS RE Bag.

Doing a Scotland tour later in the year and I think I'll either go for A021's or maybe look at getting adjustable collars fitted to the suspension to get back a bit of ride height.

-----Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy - Lotus Seven Club Blatchatters Bike and Hike Team Member