Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race-Tech DL90 installation

Tony Martyr

Results gathered on the Le Sept trip that I have seen using these devices were very good. I am considering getting one - should reveal all my errors at Prescott.

I haven't worked out the optimum position and installation. Presumably as it is using GPS it has to have a good view of the sky; and I suppose it has to be dead level to get the lateral forces correct.

It would need to be unpluggable and removable if dash mounted to stop it being nicked.

Can succesful users advise?

Tony, I prefered installing mine mine in the boot of the car. It is a bit of a pain as you have to switch in on before you get in the car but beside that it is OK. The sample ON/OFF can be extended so for that one there is no excuse .....

My wheelspeed sensor was mounted on the half-shaft? coming out of the diff, the RPM sensor is long enough to go trough the tunnel and I installed a 4twisted pair cable to the engine for future options (temp, etc.)

The GPS sensor sits just under the boot cover and works perfectly ... just remember to allow it locking on BEFORE you start driving, else your data is useless. This generaly means moving the car forward a few yards (like when parked against the wall at Dijon or La Chatre) or moving it out of the pitbox. I guess that parking underneath the trees at Mas du Clos would not have worked either.

If you need some more info the let me know. Did you get the CD I send you?

Stijn, Got the CD this morning - very many thanks; it has been on continous slide show - Dan is in India widening his traffic control experience and will see it upon his return. I thought your plots were very impressive - of course I realise that the numbers could have been subject to alteration via post processing !!

The boot floor sounds entirely sensible and something I had not considered I was going to use the base plate of my Video camera mount but that would like a bit messy.