Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another Xflow conversion question

LesG

Sorry to be a pain, I know this has been done to death, but can anyone give me a part number for an 88 degree radiator fan switch that'll screw into the Ford thermostat housing (6814935), used in the sealed cooling system conversion?

Mine is duff, and all the Ford parts men ask me for a reg. no., or chassis no., neither of which I have.

Cheers, Les.

I got a replacement 88 degree radiator fan switch from Redline Components to replace the one in original crossflow 'tower' thermostat housing (with the pressure cap on top).

It is marked:

AO5R

92/87˚

FAE

I haven't fitted it yet.

I don't recognise your thermostat housing No. 6814935. I believe the one needed for conversion to a sealed cooling system is part No. 6814635 which I have as I am building up the required parts for conversion to a sealed system.

After reading your mail and thinking that there might be a different radiator fan switch needed for the sealed cooling system I offered up the radiator fan switch and it only takes up one thread before stopping. I am not sure if the thread pitch is different (it looks the same) or whether it just needs tapping out.

French site listing components needed for a sealed cooling system.

link

Gavin

1988 1700 Supersprint (LA, long cockpit)

Edited by - Clousta on 28 Oct 2009 22:41:54

Edited by - Clousta on 28 Oct 2009 22:52:56

Edited by - Clousta on 28 Oct 2009 22:53:51

Hi Clousta,

I have already converted my system over to sealed type, it's just the fan switch I used (think it came out of a Polo), doesn't work. I didn't try using my original one from the tower-type thermostat housing, it looked too big at first glance. Maybe I'll investigate further this weekend.

Cheers, Les.