Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Toad Powerkey - which wire is the aerial

Pelico

I want to move the aerial from my Toad immobiliser from under the dash to under the tunnel cover, ideally so I can just leave the key fob sender in a pocket or in my Jill Judd tunnel bag. (I have removed the ignition barrel)

Currently all the wires for the toad are cable tied in a bundle under the dash, they are all black, and they key fob needs to be touched against this bundle to activate (i.e. no real range)

There are lots of redundant wires in the Toad install - e.g. the door sensors, is there any way I can tell which one is the aerial ? Will it be a loop ? Does it look any different ?

Also, bearing in mind that the aerial seems to have almost no range now, will it work from under the vinyl of the tunnel cover ? I am hoping that it is not working very well now simply because it not extended fully enough.

Thanks.

Peter

• Area Representative

Hi Peter,

The aerial on the powerkey is a loop about 3-4" wide. When I bought mine, they suggested it might work if it was on the other side of the tillet and I had the fob in my pocket. Or perhaps go the same way as the new R500 and have a little tray at the front of the centre console and leave the fob there.

HTH

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - But trying to get into Class 1...

• 2 months later...

Peter,

did you get your immobiliser to work?

I am building an R400 with keyless go and am currently deciding where to site the induction loop for the immobiliser. I don't have the tray in the console like the R500.

Does the dongle need to remain in range once the immobiliser is deactivated and the engine started, or can I de-immobilise the car, start the engine, drive, turn engine off and then let the immobiliser passive arm after the 60 secs?

Thanks

Andrew

I wanted to do the same with mine and taped the loop aerial to the side of the tunnel under the carpet, right alongside my left pocket, so all I had to do was put the dongle in my pocket, jump in, flick on the ignition toggle and fire it up. *smokin* *thumbup*

Nope, it didn't work. *thumbdown* First time I tried it, I found myself squirming around and performing all manner of contortions in order to trigger the thing by getting the dongle as near as possible to the loop aerial. I decided I would probably look rather pervy, if not downright weird, performing that operation every time I jumped into the car and so taped the loop aerial to the bulkhead under the dash just above the tunnel. With the dongle sitting in the top net of the SBFS tunnel bag, it was just about near enough to deactivate the immobiliser.

Only problem with that is that you must remember to remove it whenever you leave the car, which I didn't always do. Fortunately the car was always there when I got back to it though.