Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

VISORS

spannermcmlx

Are iridium visors legal for the road. Seen rainbow ones on sites that say they are. Some say they are ok during the day but you must have a clear one for dusk and night time. Any feedback welcome.

Ballistic R300

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

As far as I'm aware, as long as they are standards marked then you can use them during the day, but you must have a clear one to swap at night otherwise you can be done for dangerous driving/ without due care and attention, like wearing sunglasses at night.

That is what I was told by someone in a bike shop anyway.

Rupert

Its common sense

And this is where the law is an 🙆🏻

I have been riding big bikes for over 25 years and i can assure you riding into a rising or setting sun is more dangerous with a clear visor

Is you use sun glasses with a clear visor there is more chance of steamimg up

So i say NUTS to the law and wear what suits you best

I would like to see them trying to take me to court for using a dark visor at night if it is up and i am wearing yellow tint glasses ( my solution that works for me )

Or if the visor is up at night i would like to see them try and nick me

No chance, infact no crash helmet is just a saftey offence and only carries a fine

Mad Hatter Racing - Feel The Duralight R Torque 😬 Carl Van Baars *thumbup*

Are you talking about car or bike use?

For bikes, they are illegal if not suitably marked (CE or BS). For cars, apart from "my mate who knows about these things says..." there is no evidence of any rules about helmets or visors.

Mav's traffpol mate thinks there are rules, but it's not in any of the Road Traffic Acts or suplemental statutory instruments that are accessible online. My (ex-)traffpol mate has never heard of any such rules either.

-----Roger Ford Racing - demolishing tyre walls for 15 years and counting.

My Arai Iridium visor that I use on the bike is looking out of it a lighter tint than the road legal one from my old Shoei, but I'm fully expecting one day to get stopped and fined for it ☹️

I've never had any problems with wearing the iridium visor on my Bell car helmet on the road. I would have thought that being as a helmet is an optional rather than a mandatory piece of equipment in a car that there wouldn't be specific rules laid down in law...but it sounds like whether or not you have problems will depend on the officer you're talking to.

The name's Puff, Powder Puff

N7XTC

Roger,

Lets get this straight, he's not my mate, I called up the Police HQ in Cheshire and asked to speak with one of the Sgt or Insp. of the traffic division. I got one of the Sgts. I do not know any of them, and none of the them are in my group of friends AFAIK.