Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring in a high level brake light

Doug

I've just bought the CC wiring loom extension for a high level brake light and would appreciate a bit of guidance on connecting it up onto the car's wiring loom.

Looking it, it looks as though it should be a straight forward connection but, having done this type of thing in the past, it almost never is... My car is a 1995 live axle and I assume the connectors will be the same.

Thanks *biggrin*

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

I hadn't realised their would be a seperate loom for this. Is it not a case (without the cc kit) of just wiring a light into the existing brake wiring at the rear of the vehicle? *smile*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport race car

On the ones I have done ..... unplug the cable connector between the tank and the sideskin on the offside. Plug the 2 new connectors of the sub loom into the connectors you have just unplugged. Feed the wire up through the boot floor - mind any sharp edges - connect to high level brake light. Job done !!

I did mine the hard way by splicing into brake light cables, as I didn't realise there was a sub loom at only £8-ish (or it was introduced after I did mine ?).

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 24 Jun 2009 16:00:23

The sub loom is not expensive and looks very straight forward to wire up. As SM25T says, it will hopefully just be a matter of undoing a connector on the main loom, between the fuel tank and the outer skin and plugging in the connectors on the sub loom.

Hope it really is that easy *tongue*

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Thanks guys, I will do it when I am not under pressure from SHMBO to do anything else 😬

Skinned knuckles tend to lead to fruity language anyway *redface*