Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New RaceLine Zetec set-up

Eugene

Having got my new RaceLine Zetec all runnign smoothly, I'm looking to share info and ideas with other such owners...

Specificaly, I'm looking to see what jet settings (I'm on 45's, not injection), and ignition maps people are using. At the moment I've got the standard RaceLine set-up, but am wondering what adjustments other have made?

I will do a full rolling-road, but not just yet.

Any ideas?

Steve

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Eugene, welcome to the Raceline fold *wavey*

To be honest, I'd start off by contacting Chris or Pete at Raceline and get advice from them. My car was built by them a while ago and to the exact same spec as their competition car, so they have a wealth of experience. My car is on Lumenition throttle bodies so I can't help with your specific question.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Eugene

Get it on the rolling road and have the carbs set up as soon as possible, my main jets were so far out and it was running dangerously lean HERE (40's not 45's like yours). I stayed with the Raceline/Omex map without any alterations and it was fine, it's a well proven map.

Guy

Now with MORE bhp HERE

Hi one and all - this is a RaceLinse full set-up, and they specified the jets, etc., so I'm happy nothing is miles out.

It is running very well, but I wondered what variations others are using. I will be on the rolling road as soon as I've bedded everything in 😬

Only problem is I'm in Chennai (Madras) working on a couple of film projects for a while, so the running in period is on hold for a while... ☹️

But something to look forward to when back in Blighty 😬

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

My Zetec doesn't have one either. I mentioned it to Pete and Chris atRaceline and they indicated that there isn't enough room under the bonnet to have a cam cover. It isn't really ideal, in my view but Pete assures me they rarely have problems. I had to change my cam belt prematurely though, when a tiny stone punched a hole through the centre of the cam belt!

It is definitely something to look into for the future.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

I was concerned about the lack of a cam belt cover, I seem to remember it not only fouls the bonnet but there is a problem with the belt crossing over when using the Raceline alternator mounting kit on the inlet side .

To try and prevent debris etc going near the crankshaft pulley I made up this UNDERTRAY however because of footwell/tunnel heat problems, I have since cut it back and now it only extends back about 150mm from the front of the sump.

Guy

Now with MORE bhp HERE