Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood novices

FlymoFraser

I notice from the entry list that there are a few Goodwood novices booked for this Saturday.

Goodwood is run differently from most sprint venues , particularly the start.

They do a very good new drivers briefing to explain it all but I thought a video of the start from last year might help you to visualise because it sounded more confusing to me than it actually was, I remember sitting waiting to go on track worrying what they had meant in the briefing.

Goodwood start video

If you have any queries on the day, there are plenty of old hands (and I don't just mean the Saga Seveners 😬) , so don't be afraid to ask if you have any queries.

Look forward to seeing you all and good luck

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Storm2 - long enough *smile* They soon get the hang of who is who and put the quicker folk out first so there's little risk of catch up. I was generally the last to run 😳

See you all on Saturday *wavey*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

For the practise run (2 laps) they ask the drivers who is likely to be quickest in

each group, and set the quickest off first etc. I think the interval was ~20 seconds

which is normally plenty (apart from spins/nudging bits out of the chicane wall/getting lost etc.). If you catch anyone in the practice run its tough luck.

For the timed runs they look at the practice times and seed you accordingly.

All seemed to work smoothly, and we got a 3rd timed run last year.

AB

[Hoping to find 3rd gear, and several missing seconds this year]

• Support Team

Practice is a bit unusual in that you only get 1 practice run but it is 2 laps. You line up as for timed runs with 5 cars. 1st car goes, 20s later 2nd car goes, etc. when you come round to the start/finish line you keep going for a 2nd lap. At the end of the 2nd lap you come in. Timed runs are a single lap.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing