Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First Event

campfreddy

That's it then....... just filled in my entry form for Curborough and will post 1st thing in the morning. Slippery slope this.

I think I've got everything covered (MSA licence, L7 Sprint Championship membership, Sparco race suit off eBay, new helmet and a full road sport cage). Just gloves, pixie boots, timing strut and stickers to sort out before May 17th (assuming I get the entry).

Have I missed anything obvious & is there a way to get my car pre-scrutineer checked or is this overkill? K5 FUN is aiming for Class 2 and has just flown through its MOT no problems but I'd hate to get thrown out for something avoidable.

Fingers crossed for an entry.

Ian

Ian / K5 FUN

Thanks for the offer Richard that would be great. I'll mail you unless Mark has any one closer in mind? I'm near Ashbourne in Derbyshire.

Regarding the head rests, my car has the old S Type seats withthe adjustable head rests. Will these be OK or will I need to fit the scafolding I've seen on cars with Tillets etc?

Thanks for the replies.

Ian

• Area Representative

Ian,

The standard head restraint should be Ok. However, I was never comfortable wearing a helmet with my later S type seat heat restraint. It pushed my head furter forward than I liked. I've always used the roll bar mounted head restraint.

Ian the Stype restraints is fine but do try it with your helmet on to make sure you are comfy.

Re scruteneering, you could always pop along to Curborough on the Saturday when quite a few members will be at the Marshalls sprint, we could look over your car or you might even pursuade a scrute to look it over. It's cutting it fine but theres not likely to be anything that can't be fixed in a day.

Alternatively nip along to the mid Staffs meet, there are normally a few sprinters there who can have a look over the car.

Look forward to seeing you.

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Ian,

I am in Mickleover, Derby, so not far from you and have run in Class 2 for more years than I would care to mention, so I too would be happy to have look at your car and talk about Curborough (although I would bow to Richard's greater qualifications on both fronts!)

If not, i'll see you there.

Paul Collins

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the advice this afternoon Paul. Really useful.

Still hope to be a Curborough on the 17th unless work sends me to the USA that week.

Right.... off to make a timing strut and put some of your yellow tape on the negative lead.

Thanks again.

Ian

Ian / K5 FUN