Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Datalogger/LCD Dash Bulk Discount Order.

gee_fin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested...was let down by Hein Gericke after two months of waiting for them to supply me with one of their dashboards,more info required on its suitability for six speed box and if the inputs could be used for a fuel gauge.

Will take a look at the manual for the Pro system,can't seem to see one for the 3.

Keep us updated on the prices,though I would probably not need the G sensor version.

Once I've got the unit installed I'll pop along with it to some local meets (I can make Herts, Thames Valley, Bristol) and post the exact dimensions of it. Price-wise it retails right now at ~540. I would expect with 10 orders (so far about 15 people interested across the boards) to see a 10% discount, so we'd be looking at about ~490 for the unit.

It is supplied with one temp sender, however, if it's like previous Aim/MyChron products the senders are standard RS parts. I would put a bulk order with RS and package up the necessary temp/pressure senders with the units.

Graeme.

graeme finlayson / tyre warmer / fluke motorsport

gee_fin@hotmail.com / www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Barbados Rally Carnival Experience

I'm going to get an idea of the interest. At present we have ~15 people who are interested. I'll ask him this week what kind of discount we'd get for an order of 10-20 units. I'll post the price, then it's time for deposits and the order will go straight in.

Graeme.

Should have one of the dataloggers on the car at Goodwood this weekend (assuming all goes well with the frantic rebuild tonight!). Erm, not sure whereabouts I'll be in the show but just looked for the caged up carbon sevenalike, hopefully laden with Lambo girls lounging on it. We'll be on stand Fri/Sat/Sun, just give 07747-60-60-66 a bell if I'm not around.

Cheers,

Graeme.

Kart ones are in the country now, had a play and are very interesting. Car ones are very similar but with the ODO, accelerometers and gear indicator. Any day now hopefully! :)

Graeme.

Graeme,

I might also be interested. However I would like to find out if things like steering angle and brake pressure could be added via one of the additional input. If it could I might actually replace my existing Stack datalogger with this unit. Also, I see that this is battery driven, can it be connected to the car's power system?

The two pressure and two temperature inputs just measure a given voltage. From what I see, it would just be a case of designing the potientometer so that it gives voltages within these ranges.

The software can specify max, min, and scaling so it would just then be case of calibrating the input. *shrugs* Shouldn't be too tough, although my electrickery knowledge is not the greatest I'm sure there's sufficient knowledge on the list/forum to be able to accomplish this.

The unit is battery driven. I would presume the reason for this is because the unit began as a kart logger so it was easier for them to continue this trend, also, car power is notoriously spikey and noisy so this simplifies the whole process. My old MyChron 2 was battery driven and I have to say I actually preferred it from a datalogging point of view.

From a replacement dash point of view (which is how I'm viewing the MyChron 3) it would be beneficial for it to be ran off the car though. This will be another thing to look into, converting a 9v battery input to take the 12v from the car. *points to earlier sententce* However, I'll defer to an electrician's knowledge on how to do this! smile.gif

Graeme.

setting up a 9v supply wouldn't be that hard you just need a 9v voltage regulator (pref low dropout, ie current usage) a pair of smoothing capacitors and ideally a diode to protect against incorrect polarity and a transient supressor across the supply from the car battery. The transient suppressor will pick up the higher frequency 'spikes' and the voltage regulator and smoothing capicitors will handle the lower frequency voltage changes.

Will work it out properly using rs/maplin bits if anyone is interested in making a 9v supply?

Aph, sounds simple enough, I would definetly be interested in something along those lines - I'm planning on using the MyChron 3 as my complete dash.

Alex, as soon as the car one arrives I'll measure it up on R500SAC. I presume the kart one is the same dimensions but I'll double check :)

Graeme.

• 1 month later...

Well, I've got one on the gearbox kart and it's as good as I had hoped. Top piece of kit and I'm definetly going to be buying another. *thumbup*

I'm going to get some footage of it running next time we take the kart out (trying for Reading this weekend). But basically it's everything I wanted, anyone interested is welcome to come and see it anytime (can't promise a run in the kart though! *wink*).

Discount-wise we're looking at 10% for just a few orders. This would bring it down to just under £500 for the complete kit. An absolute bargain.

Graeme.

I want one, but I'm still dithering. Problem is, there's too much choice!

Here is my list of digital dash/logging hyperlinks:

Custom Autotech - DigiDash

www.customautotech.co.uk

MoTeC - Advanced Dash Logger (ADL)

www.motec.com.au/adl.htm

Speedline - MyChron 3 "RACING ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION"

www.speedlog.co.uk/mychron3.asp

SPA Technique - Instruments (Hot Rod or Micro) Dash

www.spatechnique.com/index3.html

Stack motorsport instrumentation and data logging

www.stackltd.com

Techtronics Race Dash

www.techtronics.co.uk/dash.htm

Warrior Racing - Iceman

www.warrioracing.com/Warrior/Final/Iceman.html

EvoDash

www.evodash.com

Race Technology - DL90 Data Logger

www.race-technology.com/WebPage/Products/Logger/DL90Home.html

Data Tool - Digi Gear Indicator

www.datatool.co.uk/digi.html

John

(Custom Autotech - DigiDash www.customautotech.co.uk)

Fraid to say this just doesn't look polished enough yet, reckon it will be a good piece of kit but right now it's just very, very industrial looking.

(MoTeC - Advanced Dash Logger (ADL) www.motec.com.au/adl.htm)

If you've got £3-£4k then go for this one, it's simply the best on the market. However, the cost matches in all aspects - from the unit itself to the price of sensors and upgrades.

(Speedline - MyChron 3 "RACING ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION" www.speedlog.co.uk/mychron3.asp)

Best balance of cost, looks, features and functionality by a considerable way. Simply nothing comes close for £500.

(SPA Technique - Instruments (Hot Rod or Micro) Dash

www.spatechnique.com/index3.html)

Have to profess to having never seen one of these on a car yet so have only aesthetic comments! Display seems bright but very cluttered and layout is not to my liking.

(Stack motorsport instrumentation and data logging www.stackltd.com)

The most popular, you're looking at £2k for the full trackmapping, laptiming system with all the necessary sensors. Proven, reliable and quality.

(Techtronics Race Dash www.techtronics.co.uk/dash.htm)

Pretty piece of kit, however, only play back on the display and limited sensors. Last time I looked it was £500 (but that was six months ago!).

(Warrior Racing - Iceman www.warrioracing.com/Warrior/Final/Iceman.html)

Small cluttered display :(

(EvoDash www.evodash.com)

Isn't this just the Techtronics display?

(Race Technology - DL90 Data Logger

www.race-technology.com/WebPage/Products/Logger/DL90Home.html)

Quality kit, very powerful and flash upgradeable. However, no display, all post processing. Can be used at tracks despite timing restrictions.

(Data Tool - Digi Gear Indicator www.datatool.co.uk/digi.html)

Just a gear indicator? Many dataloggers will offer this functionality within the software :)

My thoughts are based on your budget -

£0-£1,000 = MyChron 3 (£500)

£1,000-£3,000 = Stack (£1,500-££2,500)

£3,000 = Motec or Pi.

Graeme.