Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Live axle standard Spax adjustable dampers - Settings ?

JACK FLASH

When adjusting the settings for the rear dampers, I have the impression that I can turn the adjusting screw endlessly. For the front dampers I think that there are 15 or 16 different settings.

Can anyone tell me how many settings there are or should be on the front and the rear Spax adjustable dampers ?

How can you be sure that the left and right dampers are on the same settings ? Counting or is there another trick ?

Jack Flash

j.jackflash@hotmail.com

Turn fully anti clock wise then turn clock wise until feel first positive click thats your soft setting road use, try 4 or 5 clicks first then more if required on track.I found after about 6 click nothing changed!!!

After 25 years with Spax I first had suspension that worked when I fitted AVOs !!!

Brian

Guys,

It sounds already well that I am not that very far away from the truth. So the road settings should be the first or second click and 5 - 6 clicks is track use.

How do you easily adjust the rear dampers ? A special tool or an adapted screwdriver ?

Jack Flash

j.jackflash@hotmail.com

Guys,

After some fiddling around yesterday, I am quite sure now that the front dampers have 16 settings. Next week I' ll start playing with settings of the rear dampers.

BTW, does anybody know which type of nut and bolt combination hold the front dampers in place ? I replaced the dampers by using a 19 metric spanner and / or a 3/4 imperial spanner and both seem to fit. I' ve got the old type "simple" front suspension with the rollbar forming one part of the upper wishbone.

Jack Flash

j.jackflash@hotmail.com