Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X-flow problems...

Russell M

The Aldon dizzy is just a Lucas one which has been recalibrated. If you then have the Aldon Ignitor electronics internally, then this is normally very robust. I do not remember hearing anyone saying that they have had a problem - but my memory is not what it used to be....

If the coil is getting hot, then the main culprit is overcharging for whatever reason. Check the voltage when running (as has been mentioned before).

As a side issue, do you have an aftermarket rev-limiter installed? If so, have you tried bypassing this as they have been known to cause problems.

Cheers,

Graham

------

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Edited by - Graham Sewell on 17 Apr 2009 11:33:01

hi graham,

i disconnected the rev limiter as when this problem first started it was just like a limiter kicking in. the coil does get quite warm. i have just got hold of a multimeter so will check voltage as suggested. will report back soon, hopefully going to avon raceway saterday so will look on sun.

thanks barry.

• 1 month later...

*arrowup*

Yep - all sorted now *thumbup*

Turned out to be the Luminition electronic ignition breaking down, causing the coil to overheat & fail, ended up replacing the system together with matching coil & now runs like a dream (albeit a very loud one *smile*).

Thanks for all the input above *wavey*