Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How do the SVA mirror mounts work?

CageyH

It's just a straight swap from the door mounts to the stanchion mounts, all fixings for mirror to mount are on the mirror already, and the fixings for mount to stanchion should come with the mounts. One of the screws holding the windscreen on either side is replaced with a knob that the mount slots over and an allen bolt holds it firmly there. In theory...

In practice, my left mirror showed nothing but hedge and my right points in the right direction but you can't see much anyway

I think you can buy the mounts on CC, or put a plea out for some to borrow. They come with every new car so there should be a fair few knocking about.

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Hitting it fixed it )

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Tarnishing nicely ☹️)

IMO the CC SVA mirror mounts are only good for SVA or to pass 'a' test? Though I guess this is all you are after.... Supporting a mirror on a single pin was asking a bit much, mine would'nt stay where they were put. I did persevere with them for a while because I got the impression that the mirrors on the doors would suffer from a lot of vibration rendering them near useless. Lots of people have them so I'm prepared to duck for cover 🙆🏻

I now have none and its damn tricky seeing to the rear quarter with the harness nice and tight.

Andy

Lardy Aztec Orange n Black