Click here if you are having website access problems ×

likely reasons for windscreen wash failing to squirt?? NOW SORTED

mattjamesw

sad i know, managed a feeble squirt a week or so ago but since won't let anything out.

lost the lid a month or so ago if that affects anything?

had a needle in at jet end to ensure they aren't blocked but not having any joy as yet..any ideas welcomed as winter approachers and visibility more of an issue.

Edited by - mattjamesw on 9 Oct 2008 16:46:36

Obvious things to check ...

Water in bottle ?

Tube connected from pump (in bottom of bottle) to nozzle ?

Does pump run when you press the switch (noise) ?

If so, look for puddle under car - and trace source of leak.

If not - check where the 12V supply stops - check switch and pump. If 12V at pump, but no noise, replace pump. CC switches not the best - check operation with multimeter. Operate switch a few times to see if it cleans the contacts.

Take tube off nozzle and see if it squirts. If so, you have a large dollop of gunk in nozzle, try blowing backwards through nozzles with tube removed.

Not much else to look at !

Now - when you have sorted that - how about the rear fog light on my Mazda 6 ?

When I got the car it wouldn't work -turned out to be the plug had fallen off the back of the 12V cigarette lighter socket !! Guess they pick up the supply from there *confused*

Now it has gone again, but everything seems to be in order ! Don't want to have to run a new cable from the relay box through to the tailgate - does anyone, by any remote chance, have any experience of this problem on a Six ? Very frustrating !

absolutely no help from me on the six front but very grateful for the advice on the washer bottle, will work my way through them, i had checked i had water and ensured electrics were connected but light was fading so will check the other points when i get the chance. cheers M25 traveller.

having made the time, it onlt took an ONE HOUR... these sevens sure are fiddly things, as ever it wasn't a single problem but rather two happening at the same inconvienent time, those being poor electrical connections at back of switch (an absolute pig to get at and get out and remember which way round the connections were connected up, added to by one of the retaining clips of switch itself being bent back stopping switch popping out at all, that didn't take long to figure out!!!) and that there was some blockage in both jets too, (that was also a pig to get at and get out).

for my next seven i want one where the dash flips out, possibly hinged, to make all such future jobs easy and accessible...

thanks for all the advice, problem now rectified.

or my next seven i want one where the dash flips out, possibly hinged, to make all such future jobs easy and accessible...
All 7's are built like that from day 1: all you need do is take the scuttle off; it takes me 15 minutes to take mine off then it's easy access to everything behind the dash.

Edited by - Mick Day on 9 Oct 2008 20:52:30