Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil running to cool?

Tin Man

• Area Representative

I have the Pace dry sump sytem with the Brise oil tank sitting at the front of the engine. I have concerns about my oil running to cool over the winter months. I looks possible to fit a temporary aluminium panel in the front of the engine bay to shield the tank from the cooling air. Has anyone done this 🤔 What is the ideal running temperature for the oil 🤔

Thank you

John

I have same set up..... Run a laminova...... in winter it uses water to keep oil and water at same temp. Pus I have my tank wrapped with two layers on insulation [foil backed lagging from Demon Theives] Works Summer and winter.

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

• Area Representative

Hi Johnty

I have my tank mounted offset to the right as I have a Bernard Scouse air box. I have the two oil returns on the left hand side. I asume I can fit the Laminova to the top hose of the radiator & then buy two new hoses from Think Auto, connect one to the Laminova , and the return back to the tank.

Can you advise which size Laminova you are running.

I have looked on the Demon Theives web site & found a product called reflect-a-cool. Is this the correct tank lagging?

Thank you for your help

John

Yep Laminova in Top hose divert one of the scavange pipes through it and lag the tank with two layers of Thermo Tec Thermo-Guard FR £18.25 - £76.61(exc VAT) A C43-90 Laminova from Think [where you get the hoses] is equiv to a 10row oil cooler so is adaquate for heat transfer in any direction It cools hot oil and warms cold oil.

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

Edited by - Johnty Lyons on 17 Aug 2008 18:23:40