Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SV R400

timbo

For those who have installed Duratec 2.0L eng into chassis (SV, 6 speed g/box).

What clearance have you from the LHS front lower chassis rail to the engine block? This is the distance between the chassis rail and the eng block to the right of the crank pulley.

Why I ask is I have about 1mm clearance, and that's after filing the ali timing cover slightly. The lower cross brace should have been crimped IMHO...

Thanks guys?

BUSA POWWWER

I take it you aren't using the Raceline engine mounts and bellhousing? As you probably know, these move the engine back about an inch or so which moves it well away from any bracing.

So, in a kind of round about answer to your question, but without actually answering it at all...............my SV doesn't have the same problem. *cool*

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV You know when you've been AMMO'd *eek* 😬

R470.69 😬

on a more serious note, i dont recall the 2.3 in the csr (same chassis dimensions but arch built) being close to any of the chassis tubes.

There must be a few Steel fab SV (non CSR) chassis out there now fitted with Duratec engines...

Another local builder of same SV R400 duratec (caged... sorry steel 😬 chassis) reports same thing - very little chassis tube clearance. i haven't seen his to compare to date.

BUSA POWWWER

Sounds a little strange. have you contacted the engineering team at CC, I've found then very helpful in the past.

You've not got a big spacer between the bellhousing and the 'box have you?

I think the CC 6 speeder has a different faceplate on the CSR so this may also be needed on the SV???

here and not sure if this is a std part or required for Ford engined cars here

Mav, CC use the Titan 195mm bellhousing with minor mods to the slave cyl outlets on the casting. It is not a gearbox nose plate issue. I'll talk to the guys @ CC but considering the parts are all CC equivalent/sourced it very much looks like this is the way it is! My point is the chassis rail should have been kinked like others where clearance is required...

... must speak to CC about this!

BUSA POWWWER

Ahhh, so poorly designed. That is 3 chassis I know of with same issue! Well, there is basically sweet f.a. can be done now. I can't understand how they can get this wrong, the mind boggles *confused*.. ..

I'll run it with the clearance as is now... If I see marks on the chassis bar after use it'll have to be crimped somehow, which is an eng out job!

I'll what they say.

BUSA POWWWER

Timbo

I believe that the engine mounts are the problem. I managed to get some clearance by playing around with spacer washers between the engine block and the mounts. My R400 is with them at the moment and I have asked them to take a look at this problem.

Colin