Click here if you are having website access problems ×

locating cycle wings on the car

millsn

my wings aren't drilled. I don't really know where they should go fore/aft versus the mount. Does anyone have the bolted variety they could let me know how far along the curve of the front wing the bolt holes are? I.e. distance between leading edge of wing, following the profile of the wing to the hoile centres.

Assuming these are 13" models then first check the stays are equal usually they need a little tweak, then sit them on and measure 51mm form the front edge to the front of the front stay - best to do this in the middle of the wing to avoid the curve, you can centralised the wings over the wheels by sight / checking the gap between the edge of the wing to the stay.

Are you drilig or bonding them, the later being easy and if done properly very secure

Too young to be old !

I'd glass fibre em on - roughen the underside weave and give a couple of inches either side of the wing stay - on until you need to remove them then.

Bolts are fine but clip anything and the wing will be off before you can shake a stick at it.

I've seen too many "I lost my front wing thread" to consider anything else.