High Level 3rd Brake Light

Dick Whittington

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

SM25T,

I've just ordered the same brake light as you from CBS as I'm concerned about some numpty driving into the back of me.

How did you fit yours and where/how did you route the wires? Did you buy the sub loom from CC too?

TIA, Andrew

Yes I bought the sub loom - great value for money *thumbup*

I positioned the lamp under the roll bar with masking tape, checked it was horizontal, then ran a bead of black silicone sealant along each side of it. Tape removed once cured.

The cable is simply trapped under a lengthways run of coloured electrical insulation tape, along the top bar and down the offside brace into the boot near the filler. I protected the cable of the CC sub-loom by putting it inside a screenwash PVC tube, to feed it through the hole in the boot floor around the filler tube.

Easy job.

Blatmail me if you need anything further.

Great stuff, many thanks and as you say an sounds like an easy job. I just need to source some Mango Yellow insulation tape now for my roll bar 😬

Should get the brake light on Wednesday but it will have to wait as CC are out of stock of the loom which is annoying 😔

Quoting Loverobot: 
Where is the loom to connet the sub loom to ?

Under the right hand side of the boot (as you stand at thr back of the car) between the fuel tank and the side skin (well it was on the SV) I didn't know this so put the car on stands!!! And tackled it the hard way rather than just removing the boot floor and do the job standing up rather than mucking about laying on the floor!

SM25T and I were out yestrday and the CBS 48 LED bar is indeed very, very bright so I'm confident that mine will be doing equally as good a job!

Mike

Quoting Stef: 
Do you know if it is visible with a hood on?

that was the only thing tempting me to go for the round maplin one.

With a Half Hood .... no problem. Don't use a full hood any more, so can't comment. At night it would certainly be ok, as it would fill the hood with red light !!! I was watching the road signs in the rear view mirror at night on Tuesday ...... when I braked, they showed up very bright red for a long way back *thumbup*

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 31 Mar 2011 11:23:34