Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma 150bhp sv

Any other folks had problems with the No1 primary exhaust clattering against the chassis diagonal member on the new sigma engined SVs. If so how did you fix?.... I'm ready to take an angle grinder to the offending diagonal member, i thing these chassis are 12% stiffer so one little diagonal may not be missed??!! 😬 for the sake of peace and quiet and proper 7 noise

I have had no problems myself. I'll have a look next time I have the bonnet off to see how close mine is. I would be very wary of chopping out a whole member !! Assuming you are under warranty (if it's new) then I would give CC a call.

Cheers,

Peter

Crisis.......what mid-life crisis ?

Whoa there Brian. There shouldn't be any need to get the hacksaw out. Have you tried playing around with the height and angle of the engine. It's quite easy to do this by inserting shims [washers] under the engine mounts. Get a jack under the sump [on a piece of wood] and undo the mounting bolts, then jack up a little at a time and see what happens with the primary interference fit, when you have managed to liberate a bit of space, see what washers you need to permanently mount it. You may need to replace the large vertical bolts that screw into the rubber mountings with slightly longer ones though. Be aware that if you lift the engine up too high into the air, you may not get the bonnet or the nose cone on *eek*

Best of luck *thumbup*

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

ok thank boys i'm now upto 500 miles since sept, me thinks careful hammer and spacing washers might be the answer to regaining me interest, meanwhile i'll keep the '81 crossflow for the fun days and proper 7-ing................4 in line and still going fine...............anybody want a cheap sv150 with everything! I think its going to be the x reg across the Stelvio this summer