Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Removing headrests

pie_boy69

I am just about to fit the cockpit cover to my car and looking at it I have to remove the headrest of the passenger seat (don't have a drivers seat a little to pie).

I tried to do this the other day by just pulling up hard and it did not want to come out even though it would move up and down, I searched for a reaese button etc but to no avail, does any one have any idea how to do this. My seat is a plain fabric one,

one other idea is that I have to make a slot in the cover to go round the headrest.

All help much appreciated as always.

Keith Pickering

superlight T7 KCP

I have the leather S type seats, which I assume are the same pattern.

The Head rests should just pull out. Although if you have the seats all the way back, the headrests may foul on the roll bar. So move the seats forward and pull straight up.

Hope this helps,

Robert

I have a 96 sprint with leather seats and headrests,bought 6 months ago.I also had difficulty removing the rests,but after a lot

of tugging and squirts of WD40(brilliant stuff)out they came.the problem was rust,only

surface,but enough to jam them in tight!my next job is to remove the rests off the stalks to get them rechromed.Anyone tried it?