Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any dates for 2008

david nelson

I'm in the process of getting dates confirmed but at the moment it looks like:

April 28th - Cadwell Park 105db

June 24th to July 1st - Le Sept 11, includes track days at Circuit Le Mans Bugatti, French Grand Prix Circuit Magny Cours and Dijon Prenois.

July 22nd - Oulton Park 105db

September 17th - Brands Hatch Grand Prix 101db

October 18th - Rockingham International 103db

Plus a track day at wherever the International will be next year.

With the exception of Brands, we will be running open pit lane, with smaller entry lists and free instruction as usual.

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 28 Nov 2007 17:13:52

• 2 months later...

I prefer OPL - it's far more relaxing not having to keep tabs on things and being on the starting blocks. I also think it disciplines people better to keep checking the rear view mirror.

I think I'll be doing Oulton and Brands Hatch this year.

I am concerned that OPL may not work at Cadwell as it almost impossible to overtake from Mountain right through to Barn and getting stuck behind a slow car for that portion of the lap will ruin the thrill of driving this great circuit. We ran OPL at Rockingham last year and it was not a problem, I don`t think there will be a problem at Oulton as there are plenty of overtaking places and the track is wide. But Cadwell I have my doubts.

Rob

Rob

I have driven Cadwell Park when it has been OPL and did not find it to be a problem especially as when it is OPL as there are less cars allowed on track. I understand the club has chosen to try this format following requests from the membership and will be monitoring the success or otherwise of this format.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

I will not be at Cadwell this year, as I have for the past four years, mainly because LF arrived whist I was on holiday in February and announced full before I got back, but I must say I was dubious about participating this year due to OPL - I much prefer sessions on club days.

Blatchat debate in the past has favoured sessions, so it would be interesting to learn how membership preferences were expressed so as to cause the change, and how success or failure is to be measured

Edited by - OAP on 5 Mar 2008 08:59:21

I believe open pit lane is loads better and gives people more flexibility on when they can go on track. Sometimes on sessions you may have a problem and don't get it sorted in time for your slot and sometimes after the big first

hour rush people don't fill up the sessions ( especially if it rains) and you're just sitting there waiting . Last year at Cadwell most people buggered off after a bit of rain at lunch and those remaining still had to wait whilst 3 or four cars were on track. Open pit lane everytime. IMHO it is also no problem to pass at Cadwell if everyone has their wits about them.

Just my tuppence but opl much better than sessions at cadwell.

last year the sessions just seemed to result in trains of simillar pace cars following each other with difficult overtaking and as neil said the track was empty in the pm.

With opl it is obvious when a faster car is behind and moving out of the way after barn or on the other straight bit lets everyone get on their way at their own pace.

Thumbs up for Geoff in changing the format. The fact that the day is full so quickly is surely a positive sign even if it means I have missed out on going. 😔

Will