Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RST 2.4 V8

Mickrick

Adam is correct in saying there are 3 RST's in Caterhams. My S3, A 21 in USA, and an SV on build, but that one has the supercharged version!

My S3 has Freestyles ultra wide rear and front set up, so handles the power quite well.

Watch out for some really mean machines being released shortly with supercharged RST V8 motors.

Russell is also getting 400HP from a supercharged version of the Honda motor, but as mentioned here it is a heavy beast.

For reasonably priced mega power, a supercharged Duratec is the way to go.

Mickrick: Yep - X330 . . .. officially 330bhp but apparently dyno'd at 350bhp when set up last. Caterham reckon it will be 370bhp when they "wind it up".

X330 has had 2 public outings I think - demo runs at one of the Caterham birthday do's - Donington was it? and

, where it got a poor time.

As such, nobody knows what it's really capable of, and whether their supercharged conversion works well or not.

IMO the X330 CSR will go nowhere as a roadlegal version just won't be fast enough to get the records that Caterham want to get press, e.g. 0-100-0mph, 0-62mph, etc.

In a proper series 3 chassis, the supercharged Durayawn might make a proper fast package but Caterham will not make a superfast series 3 as it will show up their battleship, sorry *redface*, flagship CSRs.

That doesn't stop someone who's not after records from making their own one though......If you used an SV chassis it would be relatively simple to package as you could just copy the X330's installation.

*rolleyes*Hmmmm *wink*

I dont know my Honda engines - but you have probably gathered that by now 😬

The "heavy" engine I was refering to was one previously fitted to a Honda S2000 (we struggled to move it across the workshop floor *redface*). I assumed it was a K20a and I assumed it was fitted to the Atom.

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner