Click here if you are having website access problems ×

If you were getting a new chassis what mods would you have done ?

Angus

Well I didn't want to be the first to say anything about the quality of the welding on the Steel Fab chassis Richard but since you have mentioned it, yes I agree. *wink*

'Tis the price of 'progress' I'm led to believe. *biggrin*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Brent, I felt in that mood *wink* I have not stirred up anything for a while 😬 One of our customers showed me his new R400 *confused* just goes to show how good the robots at Arch have been for years *wink*

Get a Race chassis made by Arch, who cares where the handbrake is, we never use them except for an MOT 😬

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON

Edited by - RiF on 5 Oct 2007 15:58:35

RiF: how old was your customers' R400 ? Caterham do say that they have had a lot of problems in the switch over from Arch to Cage, but those problems 'are a thing of the past'. Certainly to my (admittedly untrained) eye, the welding on the chassis in the showroom looked very good.

And once you get the bugs ironed out, would not robot welding be more reliable / consistent than human ?

I made a comment about the welding of the new chassis, on another thread, a while back. I think I said "I hope the welds are better than the roll bars" Seems not!

The diff mounts have the gussets welded in as standard now. I had one of the last Arch chassis, and spec'd diff mount gussets, but never got charged for them, as they were standard. (Not getting charged for something from CC has to be a first! 😬) Although I'm sure I paid for it ultimately. *rolleyes*

I didn't spec. the black powder coating in the engine bay, as I thought it may start to look scruffy later, stone chips etc.

The older I get, the faster I was!