Click here if you are having website access problems ×

THE Prisioner......

w powers

James

Took the 7 into work a couple of times and our Office Administrator commented that she had never seen / noticed a Caterham until this point - but now sees two different 7’s around from time to time by where she lives (in Sutton Coldfield) - one green with a yellow nosecone (wonder who that could be), and the other all yellow.

Wouldn’t mind tagging along for a blat at some stage. Which direction do you guys head in to get some decent roads?

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy

Wayne Blokko is from Blokko (or Bloxwich for those who aren't from those parts).

I try to get out in mine for a blat early on a weekend and back home before anyone notices I was gone. *tongue*

Your boss is likely to have seen me around Sutton Coldfield way as I don't think there is another in the same colours or a 7 look-a-like. Waynes is a yellow seven so likely on that one too.

Perhaps this coming weekend provided the weather is good, I just need to check with my brother what day on the weekend he is coming round to help lay a base for a shed.

BRG and Yellow nose VU06 XZX

As another Birmingham postcode owner we should all get together, there are at least 4 of us in south Birmingham (Solihull) that I know of, Neil with his bright orange car (speed championship Novice Champion), Chris with his black car , myself with a Silver 21 and I know there is an Academy car somewhere in the area.

Perhaps we need a Birmingham Area meeting???

Graham

Looking for a new vocation in life or is that a vacation

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 24 Sep 2007 08:20:51

I think that the Mid Staffs and Warwickshire meetings cover the area within and surrounding the West Mids quite well already.

Speaking about this to Neil Fraser some weeks ago – I think an occasional / informal meet in the centre of our second City might be a good idea, particularly if people use public transport. That way we can have a meeting more like the one in Central London which, if typical of the one time that I attended, is a good opportunity to have a few ales with like minded seveners (quite a few ales I seem to remember….)

Attendees could then change their Blatchat sig to include the following (with apologies to Tam for plagiarising her sig) -

The Central Birmingham meet - the place for Balti, Banks’s and 7 Banter

I guess that there must be a few club members from Mid Staffs and Warwick meets who either already work in Brum, or could get across fairly easily after work (once a quarter maybe)?

Blokko

I wasn't trying to say the current area meets in the Midlands area are not up to scratch or don't cater for everyone (Ps you forget the Worcester meet which is in Redditch) but it appears that there are quite a few owners within the confines of Birmingham itself. Love the idea of a Central Birmingham meet for a curry, never manage to make the London one even though I seem to spend half my working life down there.

Mr Powers

Ifs its the Chris H that lives in Dickens Heath and drives a Black 7 then yes, we met on Wightblat this year only for me to find out he lives about a quarter of a mile from me 😬 😬

Graham

Looking for a new vocation in life or is that a vacation

Bacon Butty

I agree, the current meets are already doing an excellent job, so any Birmingham get together should be an additional social event rather than a new area meet.

I keep trying to get my London trips to coincide with the last Wednesday in the month, but without much success in recent times. If you can make it across to the Central London meet it is a good night particularly if, like me, you would otherwise be spending the evening eating alone in a hotel restaurant.

I think I’ll put something up on ChitChat when I get home tonight to gauge interest re a quarterly get together in Birmingham for a curry & drink or two…