Click here if you are having website access problems ×

problems with MBE easimap 5.5

ECR

Having downloaded MBE easimap 5.5 r09,I find that although it starts up ok in demo mode, as soon as I connect my ecu it tells me that it needs to reload the screen and then freezes. I am running XP on a Dell Inspiron 6400 and am connecting via a belkin serial to usb link (the type reccomended on the MBE site). They offer no support for this free software but point me to SBD (who didn't supply the unit) I can feel some charges for support coming up if I can't solve it.

Any ideas ?

BTW

the software will run on an older HP laptop also running XP

Edited by - ecr on 17 Jul 2007 22:19:28

Jolly good. It seems that lots of peripheral devices are released with pretty unreliable drivers and updated ones have to be loaded for them to work satisfactorily.

Incidentally, the resistors in the SBD cable drawing are there to emulate the mapping box fuel and ignition trim potentiometers, more or less at their centre values. The cable supplied by SBD a few years ago didn't have them and the serial mapping interface works just fine without them. The pins to which the resistors would have been connected must be left unterminated if the resistors are left out.

Note: the serial data connections are not the same as a standard RS232 cable and horrible things might happen to the ECU and/or your laptop if you try to use one.

• 3 weeks later...

Slight highjack sorry 😬

Numpty Question re MBe ECU *confused*

I have a R400 with a data lead (D plug )attached to MBE ECU, is it just a case of connecting a lap top to this lead and then i can read the installed map??

How do i know which esaimap version i need to read if this is the case?

Can i cause a problem with ECU(corrupt) with this approach??

TIA

Mark

Superlight R 400

I guess that you have an MBE967 ecu. You need to download easimap5 from MBE's site and you also need a special lead to connect to the laptop. The leads all have a serial connector and if your laptop has a serial port then you have all you need to start looking at the maps. If it has usb ports only (as mine did) you will need a usb to serial adapter.

I strongly suggest that you get someone who knows how to use the sytem to download and save your existing map before you let yourself loose on it. That way it can always be restored if you make a mistake. Even if you don't start looking at maps, the startup screen is very useful with indicators showing correct working of air and coolant sensors, good battery voltage and throttle pot.

Like all software it gets easier the more times you use it.

ECR *thumbup* MBE 967 *thumbup*

i have the serial port lead already patched in to ECU already downloaded easimap 5.1

Is this ok or should i remove it and put easimap5 on?

agree with getting some who knows to save existing map 😳

was a bit wary of just connecting it *eek*

start up screen looks great (on demo) will have a look on monday *thumbup*

Cheers

Mark

Superlight R 400

5.1 is fine.

For the sake of clarity, you need a lead to connect from the comms port currently exiting your loom (at the ecu plug ?) to your lap top. SBD will sell you one or you can make one (it is not a standard serial cable !) using instructions on SBD's site.