Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack dash Water Temp Sender in Duratec

MikeE

I need to find a place to put it in my new home made cooling pipework (a combination of rubber hoses and alloy tubing - similar to other Duratec configurations)What thread is is (tapered?) and how to I get a boss to add to my system to mount it (without going to the hassle of getting one welded into the alloy tubing?)

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

Mike

If your set up is now like mine don't put it in the ali tube as it won't register a reading until the stat opens. I moved mine to the coolant outlet block on the end of the head. I have done the same as Andy and drilled and tapped the boss on the back of this outlet casting. I also shortened the boss a little to make sure the end of the sensor was in the coolant flow.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

Andy, Stuart, Simon,

thanks for the info but I'm finding it hard to visualise where you mean, any chance of sending me some pics to mikeedgeuk AT hotmail DOT com?

Danny sent me some pics today but both his ECU and stack sensor seem to be in the head next to the coolant outlet block - I don't have any outlets or holes there, don't know if Mick (who built the engine) drilled a tapped a couple of wholes there?

Guess I'm looking for a simple solution, don't want to drill and tap the head on an assembled engine otherwise I'll have swarf in the waterways - guess i can take the coolant outlet block off first though....

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here