Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheel spacer for different wheels/tyre combo?

dickbowyer

Just bought some nice CC supplied KN 14" Minilite wheels off a Blatchatter off eBay with Yoko AO48s 185/60 tyres. Wanted spare wheels for track days/retro look. Wondered a bit if they would fit under cyclewings on new R400 presently fitted with 15” Anthracite R400 Alloy Wheels with Avon CR500 tyres as overall diameter is about 2cm more. Fit fine except very very close to back stack of cycle wing and tyre looks to be asymmetric under wing, more towards car side. Is the answer to fit a wheel spacer to move it out slightly?

Dick

102 dB Superlight SV Duratec R400

That's what I had to do with mine. Demon Tweeks sell various thickness spacers.

Be aware that the wheel studs aren't that long. I fitted longer studs as well, but don't make them too long otherwise you can't get the nuts to seat when fitting the other wheels without spacers *cool*

Point taken Dave, but if it's merely a few mm for tyre clearance and the wheel nuts retain sufficient grip length, thin spacers are IMHO no big deal. Particularly if using different wheels which might not be available with the appropriate offset and stuff *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 2.0L Ammo Duratec 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Wheels must 🤔 be correct as CC supplied. Issue is with cycle stays, not fitting to hub. I thought about adjusting by bending but the 15" CR500's might not fit then. Is the bending thing easy or I am I likely to do damage?

Dick

102 dB Superlight SV Duratec R400

I had to bend the stays on my last car to enable me to fit 15" wheels with 195/45 tyres under 13" stays. It does take some effort to bend them but provided your careful and protect the powdercoat they should not be damaged as you are looking for a few mm.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*