Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cooling

ccconn

Ok Think this may have been done before but any Ideas?

I have a 1.8VVC which despite the fact that its not losing water, has under 80 on the temp gauge, cooling system bled and and new sensor fitted still manages to turn the fan on after around ten minutes of running

CC looked at it ans said all was well after an hours run down to them but its annoying the hell out of me

Any ideas?

Hi

My fan( on a 1.8 roadsport) comes in after about 10-15 mins of idling..If I go for a run and leave the engine running then the fan swings in..Seems normal to me..

However if I go for a wild blat then I cant here the fan anyway cos Ive gone deaf 😳

Maybe get a switch for the fan so that you can control when it comes on but I think its doing it job.

Steve

Edited to say.. the fan comes on after the stat has opened..check the hose at the botom of the rad..

Novice in a Nova Violet Brute.S777 XTC

Edited by - stevethemook on 26 Jun 2007 23:34:58

You've really got to measure temperatures properly and forget the gauge.

Caterham have got a decent point. If you leave the car running at idle, no way is the fan going to keep it below 80 degC. i.e. if the fan is cycling in and out and the temperature is steady, then the temperature is going to be >80 deg.

If you want a bit more of an insight into the internal workings, I can rig up a diagnostics setup to read the temperatures recorded by the ECU (different, accurate, sensors). You might well find all is well.