Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jill Judd Half Hood Fittings

grumpy the 7th

It's a wet Sunday so I thought I'd fit my new 1/2 hood.

There are 3 new popper bits that replace the front boot cover popper & base stud. (should be simple enough *cool*)

I can see that the new locking stud simply replaces the existing side skin base stud *thumbup*

I can see that the old popper is drilled out of the boot cover and replaced with the new outer stud and a new locking socket inside this *thumbup*

BUT *confused* once the new locking socket is pressed onto the new locking stud WILL IT EVER COME OFF AGAIN 🤔 ie when fitting the full hood

ALSO *confused* on the back of the locking socket there is a small blade sticking up that prevents a tight gripping fit of the boot cover between the new outer stud and the new locking socket

Anybody fitted this or do I wait to contact Jill on Monday

rog

C7 TNT - it's Dynamite!(Honda Irish Green and Peugeot Graphite grey)

Roger,

You don't need to undo the front popper on the boot cover as either the full hood or the half-hood just pop onto it.

I had to fit the full hood the other day as the car had to be outside the garage in the pouring rain all day. That just reinforced how easy it is to fit the half-hood.

Alan

The existence of chance is everything and nothing whilst the greatest achievement is the living of life.

Edited by - CanAm on 24 Jun 2007 14:09:05

If you have to un-pop the front of the boot cover, undo the rest first, then unpop this one by pulling the top of the popper away out/downwards. It is designed not to pull off from the bottom (otherwise it would pop off when the half hood tugs at it !) - assuming you have fitted it the right way up !

It can be quite a push to get it back on again - but fit the bottom edge first, then push the top on.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. photos

Why dont you try it without the locking press studs first? I havnt fitted them - its been road tested upto fast enough on a motorway and mine hasnt as much as tried to come off.

Mine was great when I took the 7 up to Skye at Easter.

Thanks folks I now understand it's 'one way' locking facility.

Anybody got any idea what the sticky out blade/tab piece is on the back of the locking socket?

Is it designed to cut into the boot cover to stop the fitting from spinning round ????

rog

C7 TNT - it's Dynamite!(Honda Irish Green and Peugeot Graphite grey)

Fitted mine this afternoon, no problems, there's a useful diagram on soft bits website showing where each popper goes.

Big *thumbup* to soft bits for excellent service, I only ordered on Monday and they managed to get it to me for today, to meet a holiday/weather forecast deadline.

It fits really well and looks to be of good quality *thumbup*

Edited by - Ged on 28 Jun 2007 21:54:34