Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Leaking boot cover

Nemo

Having parked and left my car in a storm the other day with the tonneau on for the first time I was pleased to note that it kept out all the rain *biggrin*.

However, the boot cover (which is new since I changed to an FIA roll bar) seems to let the water into the boot around the rear roll bar uprights (ie where the cover is velcroed around the bars) ☹️ . Has any body found an effective way of "sealing" the boot cover at these positions?

I ask this question as I'm contemplating getting a half hood which most people say are good at keeping most of the rain out. As the boot cover remains in place with this type of hood it would be good to be able to find a way to keep the weather out of the boot area.

Green Gold Gobbler **Updated** Photos

• Leadership Team

The only method that's been suggested in the past is to make some foam rubber "doughnuts" that can be fitted around the tubes, partly to resist the water a little better, but mainly to enable the boot cover to fit around the tubes as a slight rise in the cover rather than dipping as most do. Most of the water that gets in is due to small puddles trying to form at the base of the tubes rather than water actually running down the tubes. See if you can get a couple of the rubber water deflection cups that are used on kayak paddles - probably a good starting point?

Stu.

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬