Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham factory exhaust options (K series)

CAB

Hello

She who must be obeyed thinks that my 7 could do with a better sounding exhaust. She even suggested that I go out and buy one (without months of pleading or even having to replace the kitchen first and I don't even need to get a chit signed!

My 7 is currently fitted with a standard short primary 4-1 with a combined cat and silencer. I would like a 4-2-1 with the option to fit a cat for MOT time.

Caterham have quoted £695 for a 4-2-1 VHPD system and another £468 for the removable cat (both plus VAT). I shall investigate alternatives from EBD etc before I buy.

Does anyone have some photos of the VHPD 4-2-1 with and without the cat?

Thanks

CAB

Thanks Cagey

Are you planning on buying the cat to get through the equivalent of the MoT? I'd like to see some rolling road comparisons of the exhaust with and without the cat. If the difference was minimal I'd probably keep it on all the time. Although from what I have read about the K series I'd expect to loose bottom/mid-range torque and gain very little top end with the 4-1 (and cat).

CAB

An option instead of buying a cat is to have your old exhaust adapted to go on the new primaries. I just had mine done by Dave at Powerspeed, so come MOt time I can simply pull off the Powerspeed silencer and push the standard caterham one back on to the 4 primaries - 10 minute job and a LOT cheaper than buy a cat.

For a short while only - the Silverstone grid girls here (and a few nice cars!)

Wightblat 2007 pictures here

Or Powerspeed will make a 4-2-1 with integral sports cat in the silencer, as just fitted to mine. The 4-2-1 is £695 and the cat an extra £200.

BTW please give generously to Bundle's Big Charity Walk for Asthma research here Ta.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again