Click here if you are having website access problems ×

7HPC front spring,...red?

MAURY712

*wavey*

Is someone can tell me if it s correct to replace front Blue spring with red ones on a Seven HPC ?

It s a 1996 seven HPC with red front antiroll bar ,standard track.

What is the blue rate,and the red rate?

There is some red at the rear but i dont know what is the rate and if it s some progressive spring ... *rolleyes*

It s wonderfull,a colorfull seven 😬 *eek*

1996 road legal 7HPC

Took off my 95 K Ex Racer Red Fronts 250lb (or 300lb ), White Rear 200lb ? (OUCH !!!! For track only)

Currently fitted with Blue Front 170lb, Yellow Rear 150lb *thumbup*

Soon to be fitted with R400 springs I aquired i.e. Eibach Front 150lb, Eibach Progressive Rear as good reports (Thanks Richard)

1.4K SS 😬 EN Yorks Se7ens 'You've got be in it to lose it !'

Maury,

For a proper VX set-up, you need 250-300 front springs and the '96 standard progressive rears or 200 non-progressives. You should replace the '96 red front ARB 'hairclip' with a real ARB, and fit a rear ARB set to one notch from the softest.

Paul

Edited by - Paul McKenzie on 23 May 2007 20:57:31

My car worked very well with 180lb fronts. I went to 250 lb fronts and ok, it rolls less, but the front end does wash out a bit more easily. Too many factors but accepted wisdom seems to be 250 to 300 but the lower rates can work well with a stiff ARB.

200 non progressive on the rear sounds a bit too much to me.

Edited by - Alex Wong on 24 May 2007 09:02:40

• 3 weeks later...

*wavey*

Is someone has a picture of standard shock absorber with red( 2.25" internal diameter)250lb springs?

I think it does not match with my car??!! *confused*because of the small clearance between the top of the shock absorber(standard bilstein with blue spring) and the top wishbone *rolleyes*

thank you *wavey*

1996 road legal 7HPC