Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Creaky Rear

Mike V

I put together my SV back in October and I'm loving every minute of driving it. However I've noticed that there is a very loud and distintive creaking noise from the rear suspension. This is quite bad as you go over bumps but really noticable when you get out of the car, espesially if the engine is not running at the time. I realise that there are many rattles and clonks that come as standard with this amazing car but is this one of them?

I followed the manual to the letter and had the car's weight suported on the suspension when I tourqued up all the nuts etc. Do I need to go through this process again now it's run in a bit. It's currently done about 700 miles around the Cheshire counryside.

X77CAT

although running a very different spec ( 1700 live axle ), i suffer the same problem, and need to undo the front of the a frame once or twice a year and re apply copperslip to quieten it down.

it might be totally different to your car.. but perhaps something to think about.

j

Edited by - jam mad on 12 Apr 2002 13:36:59

I had a creak which was caused by the rear wing flange touching the radius arm where it is bolted to the body under the wing. Loosening off the wing and enlarging the notch in the flange sorted it. That is, until I needed to replace the wing, when I didn't cut the notch big enough and the creak came back!

Ray