Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Elise S1 Brake Disks

SimonRHC

Has any one tried fitting fitting the "light weight" Ali- ciramic S1 Elise disks to a Seven?

I think they are quite light and durable but may be the wrong diameter and use huge calipers.

I think they were sintered Ali oxide back filled with Ali.

Does any one know if there would be an advantage if they fitted, unsprung weight etc.

the manufacture went bust but because they are so durable there may be a few sets in the scrap yards.

I have often wondered.

Cheers

Simon

If "Lotus stopped using them" only "a few years ago", then as the Elise stopped using them in about 1997 I'd say it's not impossible that Lotus stopped using hem for reasons other than unavailability.....but I don't have the dates, which is why I asked the question.

Maybe being crap in the wet and breaking off from the centres may have some bearing on this....... *tongue*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Edited by - Unclefester on 16 May 2007 14:48:44

Although they don't have the bling factor I think alloy brake components are a better area for weight reduction than much of the CF stuff we go for. I guess they aren't available for the 7 because not too many of us think the same.

Has anyone weighed the four standard disks and calipers to see what we could save?