Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec SV jenvy fitting

timbo

Any SV owners with 2.3 duratec running DTH jenvy's with 90mm trumpets? basically what filter set up have you used... where you able to fit without bonnet hole being cut? Why I ask is that on mine the no. 1 trumpet is so close to the bonnet shut line that fitting a filter is going to prove somewhat of a task.

BUSA POWWWER

I use a Pipercross PX600, P/N C604D here on my 2.0L in an SV. I bought it from Raceline. The aluminium backplate requires the TB holes to be cut. I don't think the 2.0L and 2.3L vary in this dimension.

I have recently replaced the flat alu backplate with a fibreglass recessed backplate from Jenvey here P/N ABB2/50. This gives an additional 50mm clearance between the ends of the 90mm trumpets and the inside of the filter foam.

You need to cut a hole in the bonnet with either backplate. I started with a neat contoured hole but have now opened-up the hole to give about 10mm clearance all round. Nearly the entire filter foam is now exposed outside the bonnet.

I made the bonnet cut out with a nibbler attachment to my electric drill. It gives a very neat hole, which I then finished off with some rubber strip *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 2.0L Ammo Duratec 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 13 May 2007 15:33:27

I ran mine for quite a while before I cut the hole. The only reason I did, was because of the serious under-bonnet temperatures I get out here in the desert, so was looking for some cooler inlet air.

I used the standard pipercross filter as supplied by Raceline, to use it under the bonnet, I just cut away a section of the wire mesh in the back of the filter to make it more [techterm] squashy [/techterm]

Duratec SV, built in Dubai *cool*