Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands Screens

6Sel

Brooklands Screens

Polished silver with base mounted rear view mirror, purchased new two years ago but only used for about 1000 miles. Like new.

Get the retro look and the real 7 experience!

£200.00 ono

Will deliver / meet within a reasonable distance of York

Tel 07810 377737

Mark,

Yes it is the type that uses the same fixings as the original screen, takes 10 mins to remove the screen and fit using the same bolts.

Can mail you a photo of them fitted to my car if you wish, just drop me your e-mail address.

Thanks,

Chris

1st Dibs - Tweeky

2nd Dibs Nigelm

Sorry 6Sel,

But after talking to Caterham i need to take the scuttle off to fit the brackets that hold the captive nuts. Im going have to give back word on this item, but it appears the you have a que.

thanks anyway.

Mark C

Mark, your making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Take a 1" flat drill and drill through the inside trim inline with the bolt head. This gives you instanty acess to the nut, which then can be held with a socket. The offending hole is simply filled with a plastic blank. When you come to refit the nut you might consider using Araldite to attach it to the inside skin for use during any future removals.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Whoopee *cool* looks like I'm in luck.

Thanks for dropping out tweeky - very obliging of you.

6Sel I'll give you a call sometime today to discuss a few things.

John your advice to 6Sel is most useful - I had thought about trying to permanently fix the bolts with something like 'grip fix' but on reflection I think you're probably right to recommend using araldite. Saw your yellow machie complete with brooklands at 'sausages' in November - very tidy looking car. I'm only a few miles from you in H. H. so if you don't mind would I be able to contact you if I have any questions re fiting screens and mirrors?

nm