Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Just fitted a clutch pedal stop

Tony C

Long threaded 10mm coach bolt from B&Q, two BIG "Penny" washers and two locknuts. Luckily my marking out was OK and the bolt was in the right position first time. Adjusted to contact about 2" of pedal travel past the bite point - didn't want it too close until I've tried it for a while. After the first test session, I could adjust it to contact the stop a bit earlier, but it's OK.

I find that with the fixed pedal travel my gearchanges have become more consistant.

Easy and IMHO a worthwhile mod.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I have a throttle pedal stop too.

The bolts go through the vertical end of the pedal box. It's only aluminium, so BIG washers are required.

The throttle pedal stop is positioned to contact the tubular end. The clutch pedal stop contacts the arm about 2" above the pedal. I've levered my clutch pedal towards the brake pedal so I can get my foot beside it when not gear changing - even so, the clutch pedal stop is real close to the inner corner.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)