Click here if you are having website access problems ×

light switch lights go out!

RiF

Just set off for my first track day early on Saturday and out go all of the instrument lights.

Speedo, Rev counter and all the switch lights. Everything else still working.

Had the problem with the indicators the other week and as someone explained the other day here, by switching the hazard lights on and off cleans the contacts on the switch and all was well. Is this the same? I have tried but did not work!

Any help welcomed. Oh what fun having a se7en!!

Track day and car was excellent, driver (me) has a lot to learn!

Sounds like a fuse, check the sidelights (front) and rear lights. The sidelights and rear lights have a fuse for each side and one of them also supplies the dash, instrument and switch, lights (red/white wires). If you have no dash lights and have also lost a rear and side light then it's a fuse.

On the latest cars red/white is right hand side and rear lights plus dash lights from fuse 6, red/black is left hand side and rear lights plus the no plate light from fuse 7. Not sure if this is the same for all variants.

Thanks Chelspeed,

I shall check the fuses. I know I still had dip lights but rather hard to check rear lights with a harness on! I did not look at the side lights.

Will look this weekend.

Richard.

I have had exactly the same problem...the sidelight fuse kept blowing......the problem was the indicator and full beam lights in the dash were earthing because..they had worked loose due to vibration ...hope this is of help!!!!!!

Gordy

Just to say thanks to all your replies.

Chelspeed was right, it was a fuse. Just seemed so stange when the light switch lights works when you turn the switch on but does not luminate with the lights on.

On investigation the drivers side, side lights were not working although dip and main beam was!

One fuse and a few damaged fingernails solved the problem. The fuses look simple to get at but are imposible to get out!

Thanks all,

Richard