Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mirrors - long stalks

Archie Procter

I have some ncie Spa wing mirrors I'd like to use this season. I've fitted the driver's side on the stanchion in such a position that I can see it nicely through the sidescreen and past the cage front mounting.

However no matter where I place the passenger one I seem to be blocking half the mirror with either door or rollcage. What I need are some long stalks so I can mount it on the stanchion but still see all the mirror.

Anyone done something similar? Thanks

SPA stock a wide range of alternative stalks for competition applications. I had the same problem initially - the mirrors were too low to see over the rear wings. I ordered up a new set - they even bent them to match the 'shoulder' on the originals.

Not cheap for a bit of powdercoated tube, but not unreasonable either.

You can see before and after photos here and elsewhere on the site.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

If anyone buys a new center post and doesn't want the old one, I might be interested in taking it off your hands to try making a 'zero'...

...that's assuming that I sold my original 100mm version. Hmm - better have a rummage at my parents house next time I'm there...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Andrew, if you have a convex centre mirror, you shouldnt need the passenger mirror at all. I have the SPA centre mirror, and took my passenger mirror off as it repeated the view. Other supers with the long cheaper convex mirros tend to do the same. Just a thought!