Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roller Barrel Supports

Powderpuff

Caterham have supplied 2 roller barrel support brackets...the long rear one and the short front one....the rear one fits fine....the front one....that's a different matter....having turned it every which way I can imagine, I can't find anywhere for it to fit to the block.

So either I'm being a numpty....which is entirely possible....or Caterham have sent me the wrong bit.

Has anyone got a photo of the supports in situ, or can tell me where they go please?

Ta

The name's Puff, Powder Puff

N7XTC

Cheers Peter, I'll have another go in the tomorrow....I had the DS pump bracket on but the support didn't align with any mounting holes....maybe slicing my finger open with a stanley knife had drained the blood away from my brain *eek*

The name's Puff, Powder Puff

N7XTC

Edited by - Powder Puff on 4 Feb 2007 21:55:22

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As I'm struggeling with the same thing

With me the rear support (standing in front of the car) lines up perfectly with one of the holes in the engine block if I use the short one but then the front support it seems to line up with the belt tentioner for the dry sump pump ... but it needs to be modified as the "box" shape on the support does not perfectly allow the support of the belt tentioner to mate ... that does not sound right does it?

Any comments or pictures are welcome as I would like to get this sorted before heading off to Switzerland on Sunday ... beside the other 1000 things I still need to do *cry* *cry*

Alex...it's been VVC'R''d 😬

Running rollers with fully VVC valve timing...like Dave Fenders SV...makes a great noise...goes an awful lot quicker...drinks fuel like a sieve...(might be to do with my right foor that one)...and is great fun.

Will VDU be competing at Curb?