Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bonnet stripe

Buda

If I buy a new nose (carbon), I was thinking along the lines of having two, the nice stripe down the middle of the car would mean I would have to continue it on the new nose. Now as I was thinking along the lines of having it black or exposed (on a green car) I would need to take it off on the bonnet and scuttle, it doesn't appear painted so how easy is it to take off? - how do yuo take it off? I assume its painted underneath?

Buda,

You wernt out at lunch with your nose close to that white bonnet stripe were you?

If by chance you were enquiring whether the bonnet/nose stripe is painted or not, mine is painted, but then it's a nice yellow one so yours may be different.

Andy

I've just been to a meeting in it and

Aghhhhhhhhhh...............mad.gif

My car has been built by John Noakes,

The bonnet stripe is definatley not painted, it appears to be sticky back plastic noooooooooooooooooooooo......... I hope valerie singlton wasn't invloved and if peter purvis had anything to do with it, well...

So how can I take it off? should I want to.

By the way it now becomes clear, ex blue peter presenters obviously get jobs at Caterham, wonder if the windscreens held on with double sided tape for speed?

Ah ha, it has all become clear,

After speaking to the man at TSK, the bonnet stripe IS painted. The paint however does stick up above the base colour to make it appear like sticky back plastic. so I can't peel it off and they charge about £100 to respray the bonnet and scuttle (and cover the dinges made when I rivitted the popper bases). I may also enquire as to having the back bit round the boot cover poppers armourfended.

I rang Caterham as well and asked to speak to John Noakes and was informed that they had no one of that name there.

I hope the above information has helped anyone else who has a similar problem. teeth.gif

I am going to lie down again now before attempting tonneau rectification works tommorow, the world of poppers, press studs, and black vinyl (oo err missus) awaits...........

Buda,

It's Neill from MAD with the home built Classic. I may be able to help!

Caterham originally supplied my kit with the wrong bonnet - a fuel inj version instead of the one with a cutout for the Webers. They said it wouldn't be worth their while getting it sent back so it's packaged up in my garage. It's BRG with no stripe which for a suitable donation to Neuk the Leuk you can have. I'm based in Wrexham if you are interested.

I still think you are going to have a problem getting the stripe off the scuttle though.

Cheers

Neill

• Leadership Team

Al,

Option 1: I reckon a couple of beers and half a dozen aerosol tins, and we can blast the spanky new carbon nose to match the rest of the car!!!

Option 2: If you move the tax disc to just right of centre on the screen (inside) you'll not be able to see the paint left on the scuttle.

Option 3: If you've already bought the carbon nose bit, I'll buy it off you cheap (couple of pints springs to mind again), you can leave the old nose on and we'll all live happily ever after.

Stu.

Suggest option 3 as the preferred route to take.