Click here if you are having website access problems ×

230 - 260bhp + VX engine

EFA

I have recently discovered I have more than sufficient accumulated VX parts to build at least one complete spare engine.

Therefore I'm looking to build and sell around a spec as follows:

Fresh engine - min 230bhp with hot cams and forged pistons, ARP bolts - all new seals/bearings etc. £2000

Options:

with Ported Head add £850

with Ported Head proper JPE spec cams, billet lifters race springs etc add £1500 (will take to £250-260bhp)

with Steel Rods add £450 (increase max RPM from 8000 to 8600

with new Doug Kiddie Steel Crank and Arrow Precision Rods add £2000 (will take to 9000rpm+ capability)

If interested drop an email to arnie@the-webbs.com.

K2RUM - The car of two halveswith a hole in the engine

Does that 11 years without a major blowup exclude the knackered bearings you have experienced then 🤔 *tongue* What is the total mileage covered by the engine in those 11 years, excluding those covered on the back of a recovery truck, obviously 🤔 *tongue*

My comment has nothing to do with the fact you have a Vx engine, more with the way you treat it with no mechanical sympathy whatsoever thus any engine you have in that car is likely to have a very limited life expectancy in terms of distance travelled. *tongue*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 1 Sep 2006 16:38:49

Brent,

You will be aware the knackered bearings was down to an engine builder who I am legally restrained under NDA from mentioning following an out of court settlement, supplying incorrect spec components against an order.

On that occasion no part of the engine, with the exception of the actual bearing shells, required replacement.

Any on that occasion of failure, the engine was well up to both oil and water temp.

K2RUM - The car of two halveswith a hole in the engine