Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle pedal adjustment - what am I missing?

CB

Being of somewhat short leg, I am trying to move the throttle pedal to the near-most pivot point. The pedal moves fine, but the throttle cable (1.6 K series) is then too short to connect up as there doesn't seem to be enough adjustment in the mount block that slots into the throttle body. I have tried with my spare cable, which has a little more adjustment, but no joy there.

Am I missing something?

On my Xflow, after moving the pedals (I'm a short 🙆🏻 lardy) and fitting a new CC supplied cable, it had too much outer sheath; they suggested bending the top of the pedal 😳 I cut and snipped back the outer sheath instead; seems to work OK. Lawrence on the Scottish Sevens board suggested that Halfords sell a bike cable cutter that is probably a better bet.

• Support Team

Get a longer inner cable - use a bicycle brake or gear cable and cut to length. The nipple end of the cable can be fitted to the pedal and then the cable slid through the outer and connected to the throttle body.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 22 Aug 2006 08:54:47

Th cables do vary in length. I have had a similar problem with several cars. Have you tried adjustung the brake and clutch pedal as an alternative? That worked a treat with my R500 when we found the throttle cable wouldn't allow us to move the pedal forward...unless I was happy with tickover being set at 6,000 rpm 😬

I have always modded the throttle pedal with an S-bend in the cable attachment part. This means the cable can still be pulled at 90 degrees and give more reach. While I am 6'2", I had a separate throttle pedal bent specially to suit my vertically-challenged partner. This led to some rapid work with the spanners when double driving at Curborough in 2004, but was a good solution. The new pedal worked on the same middle pivot position.

thanks for the suggestions. Tasks for the weekend now include working out if I can manage to mod a throttle cable without making a complete horlicks of it and failing that bending a second pedal...